Google My Business: How Do I Update My Account?
Savvy small business owners know the importance of maintaining their virtual storefront. After all, the majority of your clients are probably finding you through referrals or Google searches!
And even if a client does come through referral, there's a good chance they're scoping out your work online or using your website to hunt down your contact info.
Is Your Busines Search Engine-Friendly?
All of this begs the question, is your business search engine-friendly? Beyond your website and social media profiles, is your Google My Business account up-to-date?
What is Google My Business?
Your Google My Business account is the backdoor to your company's online information - your virtual Yellow Pages listing so to speak.
Whenever someone Google's your business, a right sidebar overview of your company shows up with your address, a map, a street view image, your website, directions, hours, phone number, and client reviews.
How Do I Update My Google Business Information?
So, what do you do if this vital info is dated?
Believe it or not, this is a common question we hear from our clients! Small business owners are busy people. They don't have time to stay versed in Google's ever-changing practices.
The most frequent issue our clients face is a location change. They outgrow their office, and after facilitating a major move, the last piece of the puzzle is updating their online address.
If neglected, this can keep people from finding you on Google and your website (many web designs pull mapping info from Google)!
How to Edit Your Google My Business Account
Here are the easy steps for changing any of your Google business listing:
- Log into the Google account associated with your business (it's the email address you used back you were originally verified).
- Google your business.
- Click on anything you need to edit on the right sidebar listing that shows up. Each piece of information will have a little pencil icon next to it for you to click.
- Edit your hours, address, or other listings accordingly.
- When you are finished, hit send.
- Google will then send you a confirmation email informing you that your edits will appear online shortly - that's it!